[openstack-dev] [QA][all] Migration of Tempest / Grenade jobs to Zuul v3 native

Andrea Frittoli andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:09:00 UTC 2018

Dear all,

post-PTG updates:

- the devstack patches for multinode support are now merged on master. You
can now build your multinode zuulv3 native devstack/tempest test jobs using
the same base jobs as for single node, and setting a multinode nodeset.
Documentation landed as well, so you can now find docs on roles [0], jobs
[1] and a migration guide [2] which will show you which base jobs to start
with and how to migrate those devstack-gate flags from legacy jobs to the
zuul v3 jobs.

- the multinode patches including switching of test-matrix (on master) and
start including the list of devstack services in the base jobs. In doing so
I used the new neutron service names. That may be causing issues to
devstack-plugins looking for old service names, so if you encounter an
issue please reach out in the openstack-qa / openstack-infra rooms. We
could still roll back to the old names, however the beginning of the cycle
is probably the best time to sort out issues related to the new names and
new logic in the neutron - devstack code.

Coming up next:

- backport of devstack patches to stable (queens and pike), so we can
switch the Tempest job devstack multinode mode and develop grenade zuulv3
native jobs. I do not plan on backporting the new neutron names to any
stable branch, let me know if there is any reason to do otherwise.
- work on grenade is at very early stages [3], so far I got devstack
running successfully on stable/queens from the /opt/stack/old folder using
the zuulv3 roles. Next up is actually doing the migration and running all
relevant checks.

Andrea Frittoli (andreaf)

[0] https://docs.openstack.org/devstack/latest/zuul_roles.html
[1] https://docs.openstack.org/devstack/latest/zuul_jobs.html