[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-sig/news
ed at leafe.com
Thu Mar 8 17:03:07 UTC 2018
Greetings OpenStack community,
Well, after a wonderful week in Dublin, it's back to work for the API-SIG. We had a productive session at the PTG, and came away from it with several action items for each of us. Due to travel and digging out from a week away, none of us had started them. Oh, except for cdent, who had already started on his (showoff!). It was also noted that we received an excellent compliment  from notmyname for the sessions at the PTG. We do try to be inclusive and hear all voices, so that was very important to us.
As always if you're interested in helping out, in addition to coming to the meetings, there's also:
* The list of bugs  indicates several missing or incomplete guidelines.
* The existing guidelines  always need refreshing to account for changes over time. If you find something that's not quite right, submit a patch  to fix it.
* Have you done something for which you think guidance would have made things easier but couldn't find any? Submit a patch and help others .
# Newly Published Guidelines
None this week.
# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze
Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.
None this week.
# Guidelines Currently Under Review 
* Add guidance on needing cache-control headers
* Add guideline on exposing microversions in SDKs
* Add API-schema guide (still being defined)
* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and service discovery
Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/
* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for review)
# Highlighting your API impacting issues
If you seek further review and insight from the API SIG about APIs that you are developing or changing, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.
To learn more about the API SIG mission and the work we do, see our wiki page  and guidelines .
Thanks for reading and see you next week!
Past Meeting Records
-- Ed Leafe
More information about the OpenStack-dev