[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-24 and R-23, March 12-23

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Mar 8 06:25:53 UTC 2018

Welcome back to our regular release countdown email. Now that the PTG is over
(hopefully no one is still waiting for their flight in DUB), we will send
regular weekly countdown emails.

Development Focus
-----------------

Teams should be focusing on taking back discussions from the PTG and planning
what can be done for Rocky.

General Information
-------------------

All teams should review their release liaison information and make sure it is
up to date [1].

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons

While reviewing liaisons, this would also be a good time to make sure your
declared release model matches the project's plans for Rocky (e.g. [2]). This
should be done prior to the first milestone and can be done by proposing a
change to the Rocky deliverable file for the project(s) affected [3].

[2] https://github.com/openstack/releases/blob/e0a63f7e896abdf4d66fb3ebeaacf4e17f688c38/deliverables/queens/glance.yaml#L5
[3] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/releases/tree/deliverables/rocky

Teams should start brainstorming Forum topics. For more information on the
Forum selection process, see the information posted to the mailing list [4].

[4] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-March/127944.htmlx

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Rocky-1 milestone: April 19 (R-19 week)
Forum at OpenStack Summit in Vancouver: May 21-24

--
Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)