[openstack-dev] [magnum] Problems with multi-regional OpenStack installation

Fei Long Wang feilong at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Jun 28 21:19:56 UTC 2018

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for raising this issue. I'm keen to review and happy to help. I
just done a quick look for https://review.openstack.org/#/c/578356, it
looks good for me.

As for heat-container-eingine issue, it's probably a bug. I will test an
propose a patch, which needs to release a new image then. Will update
progress here. Cheers.

On 28/06/18 19:11, Andrei Ozerov wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> Has anyone successfully deployed Magnum in the multi-regional
> OpenStack installation?
> In my case different services (Nova, Heat) have different public
> endpoint in every region. I couldn't start Kube-apiserver until I
> added "region" to a kube_openstack_config.
> I created a story with full description of that problem:
> https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2002728
> <https://storyboard.openstack.org/#%21/story/2002728> and opened a
> review with a small fix: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/578356.
>
> But apart from that I have another problem with such kind of OpenStack
> installation.
> Say I have two regions. When I create a cluster in the second
> OpenStack region, Heat-container-engine tries to fetch Stack data from
> the first region.
> It then throws the following error: "The Stack (hame-uuid) could not
> be found". I can see GET requests for that stack in logs of Heat-API
> in the first region but I don't see them in the second one (where that
> Heat stack actually exists).
>
> I'm assuming that Heat-container-engine doesn't pass "region_name"
> when it searches for Heat endpoints:
> https://github.com/openstack/magnum/blob/master/magnum/drivers/common/image/heat-container-agent/scripts/heat-config-notify#L149.
> I've tried to change it but it's tricky because the
> Heat-container-engine is installed via Docker system-image and it
> won't work after restart if it's failed in the initial bootstrap
> (because /var/run/heat-config/heat-config is empty).
> Can someone help me with that? I guess it's better to create a
> separate story for that issue?
>
> --
> Ozerov Andrei
> ozerov at selectel.com <mailto:ozerov at selectel.com>
> +7 (800) 555 06 75
> <http://app.getresponse.com/click.html?x=a62b&lc=kpzz7&mc=JV&s=Ffaecu&u=BjxX7&y=f&>

Cheers & Best regards,
Feilong Wang (王飞龙)
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Tel: +64-48032246
Email: flwang at catalyst.net.nz
Catalyst IT Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House, 150 Willis Street, Wellington