[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-10, June 18-22

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Jun 14 13:49:21 UTC 2018

Welcome to the weekly countdown email.

Development Focus
-----------------

Teams should be focused on implementing planned work for the cycle.

It is also a good time to review those plans and reprioritize anything if
needed based on the what progress has been made and what looks realistic to
complete in the next few weeks.

General Information
-------------------

Looking ahead to Rocky-3, please be aware of the various freeze dates. This
varies for deliverable type, starting with non-client libraries, then client
libraries, then finally services. This is to ensure we have time for
requirements updates and resolving any issues prior to RC.

Just as a reminder, we have freeze dates ahead of the first RC in order to
stabilize our requirements. Updating global requirements close to overall code
freeze increases the risk of an unforeseen side effect being introduced too
late in the cycle to properly fix. For this reason, we first freeze the
non-client libraries that may be used by service and client libraries, followed
a week later by the client libraries. This minimizes the ripple effects that
have caused projects to scamble to fix last minute issues.

Please keep these deadlines in mind as you work towards wrapping up feature
work that may require library changes to complete.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Final non-client library release deadline: July 19
Final client library release deadline: July 26
Rocky-3 Milestone: July 26

--
Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)