[openstack-dev] [all][sdk][heat] Integrating OpenStack and k8s with a service broker

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 19:30:17 UTC 2018

On 08/06/18 22:28, Rico Lin wrote:

> Zane Bitter <zbitter at redhat.com <mailto:zbitter at redhat.com>> 於 2018年6
> 月9日 週六 上午9:20寫道:
>  >
>  > IIUC you're talking about a Heat resource that calls out to a service
>  > broker using the Open Service Broker API? (Basically acting like the
>  > Kubernetes Service Catalog.) That would be cool, as it would allow us to
>  > orchestrate services written for Kubernetes/CloudFoundry using Heat.
>  > Although probably not as easy as it sounds at first glance ;)
> In my previous glance, I was thought about our new service will also
> wrap up API with Ansible playbooks. A playbook to create a resource, and
> another playbook to control Service Broker API. So we can directly
> use that playbook instead of calling Service broker APIs. No?:)

Oh, call the playbooks directly from Heat? That would work for anything
else that uses Automation Broker (e.g. the AWS playbook bundles), but
not for stuff that has its own service broker implementation (e.g. Azure).

That said, it would also be interesting for other reasons if Heat had a
way to run Ansible playbooks either directly or via AWX, but now we're
getting even further off-topic ;)

> I think we can start trying to build playbooks before we start planning
> on crazy ideas:)
>  >
>  > It wouldn't rely on _this_ set of playbook bundles though, because this
>  > one is only going to expose OpenStack resources, which are already
>  > exposed in Heat. (Unless you're suggesting we replace all of the current
>  > resource plugins in Heat with Ansible playbooks via the service broker?
>  > In which case... that's not gonna happen ;)
> Right, we should use OS::Heat::Stackto expose resources from other
> OpenStack, notwith this.

+1

>  > So Heat could adopt this at any time to add support for resources
>  > exposed by _other_ service brokers, such as the AWS/Azure/GCE service
>  > brokers or other playbooks exposed through Automation Broker.
>  >

> I like the idea to add support for resources exposed by other service
> borkers

I can already see that I'm going to make this same typo at least 3 times
a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_Yf4zz-yo

- ZB