[openstack-dev] use of storyboard (was [TC] Stein Goal Selection)

CARVER, PAUL pc2929 at att.com
Mon Jun 11 17:17:23 UTC 2018

Perhaps none if there is a standard, but is there a standard? Can you give me examples in Storyboard of "standard" views that present information even vaguely similar to https://launchpad.net/nova/+series and https://launchpad.net/nova/rocky ? Or is every project on their own to invent the views that they will use, independent of what any other project is doing?

>Each project team can set up its own board or worklist for a given series. The "documentation" just needs to point to that thing, right?
If we're relying on each team to set up its own board or worklist then it sounds like there is not a standard. In which case, we're back to the need for each project to document (at a minimum) where to find its view and perhaps also how to interpret it.

>Each team may also decide to use a set of tags, and those would need to be documented, but that's no different from launchpad.
I agree, use of tags is likely to be team specific, but where can someone find those tags without mind-melding with an experienced member of the project?

E.g. If I navigate to the fairly obvious URL: https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron I can see a list of tags on the right side of the page, sorted in descending order by frequency of use. On the other hand, if I follow the intuitive process of going to https://storyboard.openstack.org and clicking on "Project Groups" and then clicking "heat" and then clicking "openstack/heat" I reach the somewhat less obvious URL https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/989 and no indication at all of what tags might be useful in this project.