[openstack-dev] use of storyboard (was [TC] Stein Goal Selection)

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 14:00:41 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 06/11/2018 03:53 PM, Ruby Loo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't want to hijack the initial thread, but am now feeling somewhat guilty
> about not being vocal wrt Storyboard. Yes, ironic migrated to Storyboard in the
> beginning of this cycle. To date, I have not been pleased with replacing
> Launchpad with Storyboard. I believe that Storyboard is somewhat
> still-in-progress, and that there were/are some features (stories) that are
> outstanding that would make its use better.
>
>  From my point of view (as a developer and core, not a project manager or PTL)
> using Storyboard has made my day-to-day work worse. Granted, any migration is
> without headaches. But some of the main things, like searching for our RFEs
> (that we had tagged in Launchpad) wasn't possible. I haven't yet figured out how
> to limit a search to only the 'ironic' project using that 'search' like GUI, so
> I have been frustrated trying to find particular bugs that I *knew* existed but
> had not memorized the bug number.

Yeah, I cannot fully understand the search. I would expect something explicit
like Launchpad or better something command-based like "project:openstack/ironic
pxe". This does not seem to work, so I also wonder how to filter all stories
affecting a project.

Bonus point for giving stories names. They don't even have to be unique, but I
have something like

  https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/100500-some-readable-slug/

(where 100500 is an actual story ID) it would help my browser locate them in my
history.