[openstack-dev] [nova][osc] Documenting compute API microversion gaps in OSC

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 01:35:23 UTC 2018

I've started an etherpad [1] to identify the compute API microversion
gaps in python-openstackclient.

It's a small start right now so I would appreciate some help on this,
even just a few people looking at a couple of these per day would get it
done quickly.

Not all compute API microversions will require explicit changes to OSC,
for example 2.3 [2] just adds some more fields to some API responses
which might automatically get dumped in "show" commands. We just need to
verify that the fields that come back in the response are actually shown
by the CLI and then mark it in the etherpad.

Once we identify the gaps, we can start talking about actually closing
those gaps and deprecating the nova CLI, which could be part of a
community wide goal - but there are other things going on in OSC right
now (major refactor to use the SDK, core reviewer needs) so we'll have
to figure out when the time is right.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/compute-api-microversion-gap-in-osc
[2]
https://docs.openstack.org/nova/latest/reference/api-microversion-history.html#maximum-in-kilo