[openstack-dev] [requirements][ffe] Critical bug found in python-cinderclient

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Tue Jul 31 19:15:08 UTC 2018

A critical bug has been found in python-cinderclient that is impacting both
horizon and python-openstackclient (at least).

https://bugs.launchpad.net/cinder/+bug/1784703

tl;dr is, something new was added with a microversion, but support for that was
done incorrectly such that nothing less than that new microversion would be
allowed. This patch addresses the issue:

https://review.openstack.org/587601

Once that lands we will need a new python-cinderclient release to unbreak
clients. We may want to blacklist python-cinderclient 4.0.0, but I think at
least just raising the upper-constraints should get things working again.

Sean