[openstack-dev] [FFE][requirements] Bump ansible-runner u-c to 1.0.5

Jakub Libosvar jlibosva at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 15:30:02 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I want to ask for FFE at this time to bump upper-constraint version of
ansible-runner library from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5.

Reason: ansible-runner 1.0.4 has an issue when running with currently
used eventlet version because of missing select.poll() in eventlet [1].
The fix [2] is present in 1.0.5 ansible-runner version.

Impact: networking-ansible project uses Neutron project and
ansible-runner together and Neutron monkey patches code with eventlet.
This fails all operations at networking-ansible.

Statement: networking-ansible is the only project using ansible-runner
in OpenStack world [3] so if we release Rocky with 1.0.4, the only
project using it becomes useless. Bumping the version at this later
stage will not affect any other project beside networking-ansible.

Thanks for consideration.

Jakub

[1] https://github.com/ansible/ansible-runner/issues/90
[2]