[openstack-dev] [tripleo] The Weekly Owl - 25th Edition

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Mon Jul 30 14:41:29 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 8:32 AM, Martin Magr <mmagr at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 6:12 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Your fellow reporter took a break from writing, but is now back on his
>> pen.
>>
>> Welcome to the twenty-fifth edition of a weekly update in TripleO world!
>> The goal is to provide a short reading (less than 5 minutes) to learn
>> what's new this week.
>> Any contributions and feedback are welcome.
>> Link to the previous version:
>> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-June/131426.html

>> bug-fix only and stabilization period, until we can push the first stable
>> version of Rocky.
>

> Hey guys,
>
>   I would like to ask for FFE for backup and restore, where we ended up
> deciding where is the best place for the code base for this project (please
> see [1] for details). We believe that B&R support for overcloud control
> plane will be good addition to a rocky release, but we started with this
> initiative quite late indeed. The final result should the support in
> openstack client, where "openstack overcloud (backup|restore)" would work as
> a charm. Thanks in advance for considering this feature.

Was there a blueprint/spec for this effort?  Additionally do we have a
list of the outstanding work required for this? If it's just these two
playbooks, it might be ok for an FFE. But if there's additional
tripleoclient related changes, I wouldn't necessarily feel comfortable
with these unless we have a complete list of work.  Just as a side
note, I'm not sure putting these in tripleo-common is going to be the
ideal place for this.

Thanks,
-Alex