[openstack-dev] [tripleo] The Weekly Owl - 25th Edition

Martin Magr mmagr at redhat.com
Mon Jul 30 14:32:30 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 6:12 PM, Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote:

> Your fellow reporter took a break from writing, but is now back on his pen.
>
> Welcome to the twenty-fifth edition of a weekly update in TripleO world!
> The goal is to provide a short reading (less than 5 minutes) to learn
> what's new this week.
> Any contributions and feedback are welcome.
> Link to the previous version:
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-June/131426.html

> bug-fix only and stabilization period, until we can push the first stable
> version of Rocky.

Hey guys,

  I would like to ask for FFE for backup and restore, where we ended up
deciding where is the best place for the code base for this project (please
see [1] for details). We believe that B&R support for overcloud control
plane will be good addition to a rocky release, but we started with this
initiative quite late indeed. The final result should the support in
openstack client, where "openstack overcloud (backup|restore)" would work
as a charm. Thanks in advance for considering this feature.

Regards,
Martin

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/582453/