[openstack-dev] [requirements][release] FFE for openstacksdk 0.17.1

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Mon Jul 30 13:33:32 UTC 2018

Heya,

I'd like to request a FFE to release 0.17.1 of openstacksdk from
stable/rocky. The current rocky release, 0.17.0, added a feature (being
able to pass data directly to an object upload rather that requiring a
file or file-like object) - but it is broken if you pass an interator
because it (senselessly) tries to run len() on the data parameter.

The new feature is not used anywhere in OpenStack yet. The first
consumer (and requestor of the feature) is Infra, who are looking at
using it as part of our efforts to start uploading build log files to swift.

We should not need a g-r bump - since nothing in OpenStack uses the
feature yet, none of the OpenStack projects need their depends changed.
OTOH, openstacksdk is a thing we expect end-users to use, and once they
see the shiny new feature they might use it - and then be sad that it's
half broken.

Thanks!
Monty