[openstack-dev] [all][Election] candidacy for Tricircle PTL Stein cycle

linghucongsong linghucongsong at 163.com
Mon Jul 30 09:03:03 UTC 2018

Hi all!

I would like to announce myself nomination for the PTL candidacy in
Tricircle Stein cycle. My name is Baisen Song, and my IRC handle is
songbaisen. I am currently the Core Member of Tricircle for Rocky cycle and have
been the most actively participating in the development of this project since
last year. I and my team have finished the most BluePrints in Tricircle.

During the Rocky cycle, we begin to bring enable mutable configuration to
Tricircle, network deletion reliability, reuse the deleted port after the
vm have been deleted and recreated in another region, add service function
chain support. We also start to implement the new l3 networking model.

For the coming Stein cycle, here are some works we can focus on:

* Driver based implementation of Trunk, current implementation is plugin-based.
* Implement the new cross-Neutron L3 networking model that doesn't
  depend on host routes.
* Improvement the Tricircle work with nova cell2.
* Add more unit and smoke test cases.
* Make Trio2o and Tricircle work more close together.

Thank you for taking the time to consider me for Stein PTL.

Hope everyone will enjoy joining the Tricircle.