[openstack-dev] [tc] Fast-track: Remove Stable branch maintenance as a project team

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Fri Jul 27 05:42:37 UTC 2018

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-July/132369.html

> but thanks. I personally don't think calling
> something a SIG magically makes people appear to help out, like creating a
> stable maintenance official project team and PTL didn't really grow a
> contributor base either, but so it goes.

I'm not expecting magic to happen but, I think a SIG is a better fit.
Since Dublin we've had Elod Illes appear and do good things so perhaps
there is hope[1]!

> Only question I have is will the stable:follows-policy governance tag [1]
> also be removed?

That wasn't on the cards, it's still the same gerrit group that is
expected to approve (or not) new applications.

Yours Tony.
[1] Hope is not a strategy