[openstack-dev] [tc] Fast-track: Remove Stable branch maintenance as a project team

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Jul 26 21:37:21 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 02:06:01PM -0500, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 7/26/2018 12:00 PM, Sean McGinnis wrote:
> > I wouldn't think so. Nothing is changing with the policy, so it is still of
> > interest to see which projects are following that. I don't believe the policy
> > was tied in any way with stable being an actual project team vs a SIG.
>
> OK, then maybe as a separate issue, I would argue the tag is not maintained
> and therefore useless at best, or misleading at worst (for those projects
> that don't have it) and therefore should be removed.

I'd be curious to hear more about why you don't think that tag is maintained.

For projects that assert they follow stable policy, in the relase process we
have extra scrutiny that nothing is being released on stable branches that
would appear to violate the stable policy.

Granted, we need to base most of that evaluation on the commit messages, so
it's certainly possible to phrase something in a misleading way that would not
raise any red flags for stable compliance, but if that happens, I would think
it would be unintentional and rare.