[openstack-dev] [requirements][release] FFE for os-vif 1.11.1

Matthew Thode prometheanfire at gentoo.org
Thu Jul 26 18:01:18 UTC 2018

On 18-07-26 10:43:05, melanie witt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to ask for an exception to add os-vif 1.11.1 to stable/rocky. The
> current release for rocky, 1.11.0, added a new feature: the NoOp Plugin, but
> it's not actually usable (it's not being loaded) because we missed adding a
> file to the setup.cfg.
>
> We have fixed the problem in a one liner add to setup.cfg [1] and we would
> like to be able to do another release 1.11.1 for rocky to include this fix.
> That way, the NoOp Plugin feature advertised in the release notes [2] for
> rocky would be usable for consumers.
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/585530
> [2] https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/os-vif/unreleased.html#relnotes-1-11-0

Yep, we talked about it in the release channel.

+----------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------+------+------------------------------------+
| Repository                             | Filename                                                           | Line | Text                               |
+----------------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------+------+------------------------------------+
| kuryr-kubernetes                       | requirements.txt                                                   |   18 | os-vif!=1.8.0,>=1.7.0 # Apache-2.0 |
| nova                                   | requirements.txt                                                   |   59 | os-vif!=1.8.0,>=1.7.0 # Apache-2.0 |
| nova-lxd                               | requirements.txt                                                   |    7 | os-vif!=1.8.0,>=1.9.0 # Apache-2.0 |
| networking-bigswitch                   | requirements.txt                                                   |    6 | os-vif>=1.1.0 # Apache-2.0         |
| networking-bigswitch                   | test-requirements.txt                                              |   25 | os-vif>=1.1.0 # Apache-2.0         |
| networking-midonet                     | test-requirements.txt                                              |   40 | os-vif!=1.8.0,>=1.7.0 # Apache-2.0 |

All these projects would need re-releases if you plan on raising the
minimum.  They would also need reviews submitted individually for that.
A upper-constraint only fix would not need that, but would also still
allow consumers to encounter the bug, up to you to decide.
LGTM otherwise.

--
Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)