[openstack-dev] [nova] keypair quota usage info for user

William M Edmonds edmondsw at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 25 16:29:47 UTC 2018

Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote on 07/25/2018 05:44:46 AM:
... snip ...
> 1. is it ok to show the keypair used info via API ? any original
> rational not to do so or it was just like that from starting.

keypairs aren't tied to a tenant/project, so how could nova track/report a
quota for them on a given tenant/project? Which is how the API is
constructed... note the "tenant_id" in
GET /os-quota-sets/{tenant_id}/detail

> 2. Because this change will show the keypair used quota information
> in API's existing filed 'in_use', it is API behaviour change (not
> interface signature change in backward incompatible way) which can
> cause interop issue. Should we bump microversion for this change?

If we find a meaningful way to return in_use data for keypairs, then yes, I
would expect a microversion bump so that callers can distinguish between a)
talking to an older installation where in_use is always 0 vs. b) talking to
a newer installation where in_use is 0 because there are really none in
use. Or if we remove keypairs from the response, which at a glance seems to
make more sense, that should also have a microversion bump so that someone
who expects the old response format will still get it.