[openstack-dev] [puppet-openstack] [announce] puppet-openstack now has Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic support

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at crystone.com
Wed Jul 25 12:16:16 UTC 2018

Hello Stackers,

Would just like to give a heads-up that the puppet-openstack project as
of the Rocky release will supports
Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic and we are as of yesterday/today checking that in
infra Zuul CI.

As a step for adding this support we also introduced support for the
Ceph Mimic release for the puppet-ceph module.
Because of upstream packaging Ceph Mimic cannot be used on Debian 9, and
should also note that Ceph Luminous cannot be
used on Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic using upstream Ceph community packages
(Canonical is packaging Ceph in Bionic main repo).

I would like to thank everybody contributing to this effort and for
everyone involved in the puppet-openstack project that has reviewed all
changes.
A special thanks to all the infra-people that has helped out a bunch
with mirrors, Zuul and providing all necessary bits required to work on
this.

Best regards
Tobias