[openstack-dev] [qa] [tempest] [patrole] Service client duplication between Tempest and Tempest plugins

MONTEIRO, FELIPE C fm577c at att.com
Wed Jul 25 03:16:29 UTC 2018

> > Hi,
> >
> > ** Intention **
> >
> > Intention is to expand Patrole testing to some service clients that
> > already exist in some Tempest plugins, for core services only.
>
> What exact projects does Patrole consider "core", and how are you making
> that decision? Is it a tag, InterOp, or some other criteria?
>
> <snip>

We mean "core" only in the sense that Tempest means it: "the six client groups for the six core services covered by tempest in the big tent" [1]. That includes Nova, Neutron, Glance, Cinder and Keystone. Swift is not included in Patrole because Swift doesn't use oslo.policy for RBAC.

[1] https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/qa-specs/specs/tempest/client-manager-refactor.html