[openstack-dev] [i18n] Edge and Containers whitepapers ready for translation

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 15:40:26 UTC 2018

Jimmy,

Does it mean translation **publishing** is ready now?

In the first translation of the edge computing whitepaper, translation
publishing was completely a manual process and it takes too long.
If translation publishing support is not ready, it is a bit discouraging
from translator perspective.
We translators would like to have some automated way to publish translated
versions of documents
and it allows translators to improve and/or fix translations after the
initial translation.

I propose an idea of using RST file for the edge computing whitepaper after
the Vancouver summit.
Ildiko said it is being discussed in the edge computing team and the
foundation but I haven't heard nothing since then.
Or can the foundation publish translations more quickly even though the
current publishing process is not changed.
If not, I cannot believe this is the right timing to promote whitepaper
translations.....

Thanks,
Akihiro