[openstack-dev] [puppet][tripleo] Why is this acceptance test failing?

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Mon Jul 9 19:34:56 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 9:53 PM Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 07:51:20PM -0600, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> > The actual problem is that the manifest isn't idempotent anymore:
> >
> http://logs.openstack.org/47/575147/16/check/puppet-openstack-beaker-centos-7/3f70cc9/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-07-04_00_42_19_705516
>
> Hey Emilien, thanks for taking a look. I'm not following -- or maybe
> I'm just misreading the failure message.  It really looks to me as if
> the failure is caused by a regular expression; it says:
>
>   Failure/Error:
>     apply_manifest(pp, :catch_changes => true) do |result|
>       expect(result.stderr)
> include_regexp([/Puppet::Type::Keystone_tenant::ProviderOpenstack: Support
> for a resource without the domain.*using 'Default'.*default domain id is
> '/])
>     end
>
> And yet, the regular expression in that check clearly matches the
> output shown in the failure message. What do you see that points at an
> actual idempotency issue?
>
> (I wouldn't be at all surprised to find an actual problem in this
> change; I've fixed several already.  I'm just not sure how to turn
> this failure into actionable information.)

Sorry for late answers, not doing a good job at catching up emails since I
was 2 weeks on PTO.

So in order to test if that comes from your code or not, please try the
manifest yourself and run puppet 2 times. If the second time is still
triggering changes in the catalog, it means the idempotency of the resource
is broken, which can also mean the resource itself isn't created properly
the first time and a second puppet run tries to create it again.

Basically, you shouldn't see that on a second puppet run:
/Stage[main]/Keystone/Keystone_domain[my_default_domain]/is_default:
is_default changed 'false' to 'true'

If you can't reproduce it, let me know on IRC and I'll help you but you
could use
https://github.com/openstack/puppet-openstack-integration/blob/master/all-in-one.sh
if you need a quick way to deploy.

Hope this helps,