[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-7, July 9-13

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Fri Jul 6 12:41:19 UTC 2018

Welcome to our weekly release countdown.

Development Focus
-----------------

Teams should be focused on implementing planned work for the cycle and bug
fixes.

General Information
-------------------

The deadline for extra ATC's is on July 13. If there is someone that
contributes to your project in a way that is not reflected by the usual
metrics. Extra-ATCs can be added by submitting an update to the
reference/projects.yaml file in the openstack/governance repo.

As we get closer to the end of the cycle, we have deadlines coming up for
client and non-client libraries to ensure any dependency issues are worked out
and we have time to make any critical fixes before the final release
candidates. To this end, it is good practice to release libraries throughout
the cycle once they have accumulated any significant functional changes.

The following libraries appear to have some merged changes that have not been
release that could potentially impact consumers of the library. It would be
good to consider getting these released ahead of the deadline to make sure the
changes have some run time:

    openstack/osc-placement
    openstack/oslo.messaging
    openstack/ovsdbapp
    openstack/python-brick-cinderclient-ext
    openstack/python-magnumclient
    openstack/python-novaclient
    openstack/python-qinlingclient
    openstack/python-swiftclient
    openstack/python-tripleoclient
    openstack/sushy

Stein Release Schedule
--------------------------------

As some of you may be aware, there is discussion underway about changing the
Summit and PTG events starting in 2019. With that in mind, we have a draft
schedule for the Stein release proposed to be able to see what it might look
like to adjust to the expected changes. Please take a look at the possible
schedule and let us know if you see any major conflicts due to holidays or
other events that we have not accounted for:

    http://logs.openstack.org/94/575794/1/check/build-openstack-sphinx-docs/b522825/html/stein/schedule.html

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Final non-client library release deadline: July 19
Final client library release deadline: July 26
Rocky-3 Milestone: July 26

--
Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)