[openstack-dev] [octavia] Some tips about amphora driver

Jeff Yang yjf1970231893 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 03:01:53 UTC 2018

Recently, my team plans to provider load balancing services with octavia.I
recorded some of the needs and suggestions of our team members.The
following suggestions about amphora may be very useful.

[1] User can specify image and flavor for amphora.
[2] Enable multi processes(version<1.8) or multi threads(version>=1.8) for
haproxy
[3] Provider a script to check and clean up bad loadbalancer and amphora.
Moreover we alse need to clean up neutron and nova resources about these
loadblancer and amphora.

The implementation of [1] and [2] depend on provider flavor framework. So
it's time to implement provider flavor framework.
About [3], We can't delete loadbalancer by API if the loadbalancer's status
is PENDING_UPDATE or PENDING_CREATE. And we haven't api for delete amphora,
so if the status of this amphora is not active it will always exists. So
the script is necessary.
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2002896