[openstack-dev] [nova]API update week 28-4

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Jul 4 11:10:48 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Please find the Nova API highlights of this week.

Weekly Office Hour:
===============
We have re-started the Nova API discussion in office hour. I have updated the wiki page for more information about office hours:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/NovaAPI

What we discussed this week:
- This was the first office hours after long time.
- Collected  the API related BPs on etherpad (rocky-nova-priorities-tracking) for review.
- Created the weekly bug report etherpad and we will track down the number there.
- Home work for API subteam to at least review 3 in-progress bug patches.
- From next week we will do some online bug triage/review or discussion around ongoing BP.

Planned Features :
==============
Below are the API related features for Rocky cycle. Nova API Sub team will start reviewing those to give their regular feedback. If anythings missing there feel free to add those in etherpad-  https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rocky-nova-priorities-tracking

1. Servers Ips non-unique network names :
     - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names
     - Spec Update need another +2 - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/558125/
     - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
     - Weekly Progress: On Hold. Waiting for spec update to merge first.

2. Abort live migration in queued state:
    - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/abort-live-migration-in-queued-status
    - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/abort-live-migration-in-queued-status+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
    - Weekly Progress: Code is up for review. No Review last week.

3. Complex anti-affinity policies:
    - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/complex-anti-affinity-policies
    - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/complex-anti-affinity-policies+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
    - Weekly Progress: Code is up for review. Few reviews done .

4. Volume multiattach enhancements:
    - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/volume-multiattach-enhancements
    - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/volume-multiattach-enhancements+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
    - Weekly Progress: Waiting to hear from mriedem about his WIP on base patch - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/569649/3

5. API Extensions merge work
    - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/api-extensions-merge-rocky
    - https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/api-extensions-merge-rocky
    - Weekly Progress: Good progress. 1/3 part is merged.

Bugs:
====
We discussed in office hour to start reviewing the in-progress bugs and minimize the number.  From next week, I will show the weekly progress on the bug numbers.

Current Bugs Status:
     Critical bug                             0
     High importance bugs      2
    Confirmed/Triage                       30
    In-progress bugs                         36
    Incomplete:                                    4
                                                              =====
   Total:                                                    70

NOTE- There might be some bug which are not tagged as 'api' or 'api-ref', those are not in above list. Tag such bugs so that we can keep our eyes.

Ref:  https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-api-weekly-bug-report

-gmann