[openstack-dev] [all][Kingbird]Multi-Region Orchestrator

Goutham Pratapa pratapagoutham at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 18:17:19 UTC 2018

Hi Jay,

Thanks for the questions.. :)

What precisely do you mean by "resources" above ??

Resources as-in resources required to boot-up a vm (Keypair, Image, Flavors
)

Also, by "syncing", do you mean "replicating"? The reason I ask is because
in the case of, say, VM "resources", you can't "sync" a VM across regions.
You can replicate its bootable image, but you can't "sync" a VM's state
across multiple OpenStack deployments.

Yes as you said syncing as-in replicating only.

and yes we cannot sync vm's across regions but our idea is to
sync/replicate all the parameters required to boot a vm

(viz. *image, keypair, flavor*) which are originally there in the source
region to the target regions in a single-go.

I'm curious what you mean by "resource management". Could you elaborate a
bit on this?

Resource management as-in managing the resources i.e say a user has a
glance image(*qcow2 or ami format*) or
say flavor(*works only if admin*) with some properties or keypair present
in one source region and he wants the same image or
same flavor with same properties or the same keypair in another set of
regions user may have to recreate them in all target regions.

But with the help of kingbird you can do all the operations in a single go.

--> If user wants to sync a resource of type keypair he can replicate the
keypair into multiple target regions in single go (similarly glance images
and flavors )
--> If user wants different type of resource( keypair,image and flavor) in
a single go then user can  give a yaml file as input and kingbird
replicates all resources in all target regions

Thanks
Goutham.

Cheers !!!
Goutham Pratapa