[openstack-dev] [all][Kingbird]Multi-Region Orchestrator

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 15:55:51 UTC 2018

On 01/31/2018 01:49 AM, Goutham Pratapa wrote:
> *Kingbird (The Multi Region orchestrator):*
>
> We are proud to announce kingbird is not only a centralized quota and
> resource-manager but also a  Multi-region Orchestrator.
>
> *Use-cases covered:
>
> *- Admin can synchronize and periodically balance quotas across regions
> and can have a global view of quotas of all the tenants across regions.
> - A user can sync a resource or a group of resources from one region to
> other in a single go

What precisely do you mean by "resources" above?

Also, by "syncing", do you mean "replicating"? The reason I ask is
because in the case of, say, VM "resources", you can't "sync" a VM
across regions. You can replicate its bootable image, but you can't
"sync" a VM's state across multiple OpenStack deployments.

>   A user can sync multiple key-pairs, images, and flavors from one
> region to other, ( Flavor can be synced only by admin)
>
> - A user must have complete tempest test-coverage for all the
> scenarios/services rendered by kingbird.
>
> - Horizon plugin so that user can access/view global limits.
>
> * Our Road-map:*
>
> -- Automation scripts for kingbird in
>      -ansible,
>      -salt
>      -puppet.
> -- Add SSL support to kingbird
> -- Resource management in Kingbird-dashboard.

I'm curious what you mean by "resource management". Could you elaborate
a bit on this?

Thanks,
-jay