[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] LTS pragmatic example

Saverio Proto saverio.proto at switch.ch
Wed Jan 31 08:51:33 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I am again proposing a change due to operations experience. I am
proposing a clean and simple cherry-pick to Ocata.

"it depends" works pretty bad as policy for accepting patches.

Now I really dont understand what is the issue with the Stable Policy
and this patch:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/539439/

This is a UX problem. Horizon is giving the wrong information to the user.

I got this answer:
Ocata is the second phase of stable branches [1]. Only critical bugfixes
and security patches are acceptable. I don't think it belongs to the
category.

But merging a patch that changes a log file in Nova back to Newton was
OKAY few weeks ago.

I will not be able to be in person at the PTG, but please talk about
this. People just give up upstreaming stuff like this.

thank you

Saverio

--
SWITCH