[openstack-dev] [tripleo] The Weekly Owl - 7th Edition

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Jan 31 01:09:49 UTC 2018

Note: this is the seventh edition of a weekly update of what happens in
TripleO.
The goal is to provide a short reading (less than 5 minutes) to learn where
we are and what we're doing.
Any contributions and feedback are welcome.
Link to the previous version:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-January/126509.html

+---------------------------------+
| General announcements |
+---------------------------------+

+--> Queens milestone 3 was released! We fixed more bugs than any other
milestone in the past!
+--> Next release will be Queens RC1, target is in ~1 month.
+--> Focus is on finishing the blueprints that have granted FFE;
High/Critical bugs; CI stabilization; Rocky planning.

+------------------------------+
| Continuous Integration |
+------------------------------+

+--> TripleO CI squad is proud to announce a new dashboard to track CI
metrics: https://review.rdoproject.org/grafana/dashboard/db/tripleo-ci
+--> Rover is John and ruck is Wes. Please let them know any new CI issue.
+--> Master promotion is 6 days, Pike is 24 days and Ocata is 2 days.
+--> Gate is currently in bad shape (a lot of resets), we're working on it.
Please help us by staying tuned in case we ask to not 'recheck'.
+--> We agreed that once OVB jobs running in RDO cloud become more stable,
they'll vote in check (as third party).
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ci-squad-meeting and
https://goo.gl/D4WuBP

+-------------+
| Upgrades |
+-------------+

+--> New format for weekly meetings, checkout
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-January/126611.html
!
+--> Reviews are still needed on FFU, Queens upgrade workflow and
undercloud backup.
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-upgrade-squad-status
and https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-upgrade-squad-meeting

+---------------+
| Containers |
+---------------+

+--> Containerized undercloud: good discussions and progress on
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/517444/
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-containers-squad-status

+--------------+
| Integration |
+--------------+

+--> The squad is planning Rocky and also talking about testing
ceph-ansible with tripleo!
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-integration-squad-status

+---------+
| UI/CLI |
+---------+

+--> CI jobs were optimized for stable branches
+--> Team is planning work in Rocky
+--> Good progress on Roles management
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-ui-cli-squad-status

+---------------+
| Validations |
+---------------+

+--> The squad needs review, please check the etherpad.
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-validations-squad-status

+---------------+
| Networking |
+---------------+

+--> Routed networks support still ongoing.
+--> Octavia work is mostly done, fixing a small issues for Queens.
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-networking-squad-status

+--------------+
| Workflows |
+--------------+

+--> No updates this week.
+--> More: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tripleo-workflows-squad-status

+-------------+
| Owl facts |

The Minahassa Masked Owl is a medium-sized owl with short rounded wings and
no ear-tufts. It is also known as the Minahassa Barn Owl or the Sulawesi
Golden Owl.
Voice: A screech similar to other Barn and Masked Owls. (RHIIIK RHIIK -
does it sound real?)
(source: https://www.owlpages.com/owls/species.php?s=150)

Stay tuned!
--