[openstack-dev] [nova][osc] How to deal with add/remove fixed/floating CLIs after novaclient 10.0.0?

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 19:46:49 UTC 2018

On 1/30/2018 1:04 PM, Chris Friesen wrote:
> Is there a plan going forward to ensure that python-novaclient and OSC
> are on the same page as far as deprecating CLIs and API bindings?

There is no official plan, no. The 10.0.0 novaclient release came out
late. If there was more lead time, or if I would have thought of it, we
could have done an audit on what other things within OpenStack were
using the deprecated CLIs/python API bindings and cleaned those up
first. But that didn't happen.

At this point, novaclient 10.0.0 probably won't get into
upper-constraints for Queens:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/538070/

And I'm OK with that, nothing in Queens requires >=10.0.0. We can clean
things up in Rocky.

Matt