[openstack-dev] [keystone][nova][ironic][heat] Do we want a BM/VM room at the PTG?

Pavlo Shchelokovskyy pshchelokovskyy at mirantis.com
Tue Jan 30 18:39:11 UTC 2018

+1 to Jim,

I'm specifically interested in app creds and RBAC as I'd like to find a way
to pass some of API access creds to the ironic deploy ramdisk, and it seems
one of those could help. Let's discuss :)

Cheers,

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 6:03 PM, Jim Rollenhagen <jim at jimrollenhagen.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Colleen Murphy <colleen at gazlene.net>
> wrote:
>
>> At the last PTG we had some time on Monday and Tuesday for
>> cross-project discussions related to baremetal and VM management. We
>> don't currently have that on the schedule for this PTG. There is still
>> some free time available that we can ask for[1]. Should we try to
>> schedule some time for this?
>>

> I'd attend for the topics you list below, FWIW.
>

>> From a keystone perspective, some things we'd like to talk about with
>> the BM/VM teams are:
>>
>> - Unified limits[2]: we now have a basic REST API for registering
>> limits in keystone. Next steps are building out libraries that can
>> consume this API and calculate quota usage and limit allocation, and
>> developing models for quotas in project hierarchies. Input from other
>> projects is essential here.
>> - RBAC: we've introduced "system scope"[3] to fix the admin-ness
>> problem, and we'd like to guide other projects through the migration.
>> - Application credentials[4]: this main part of this work is largely
>> done, next steps are implementing better access control for it, which
>> is largely just a keystone team problem but we could also use this
>> time for feedback on the implementation so far
>>
>> There's likely some non-keystone-related things that might be at home
>> in a dedicated BM/VM room too. Do we want to have a dedicated day or
>> two for these projects? Or perhaps not dedicated days, but
>> planned-in-advance meeting time? Or should we wait and schedule it
>> ad-hoc if we feel like we need it?
>>

> There's always plenty to discuss between nova and ironic, but we usually
> just schedule those topics somewhat ad-hoc. Never opposed to some
> dedicated time if folks will show up, though. :)
>
> // jim

Dr. Pavlo Shchelokovskyy
Senior Software Engineer
Mirantis Inc