[openstack-dev] [tc] [all] TC Report 18-05

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Tue Jan 30 18:34:30 UTC 2018

Linkified: https://anticdent.org/tc-report-18-05.html

Your author has been rather ill, so this week's TC Report will be a
bit abridged and mostly links. I'll try to return with more robust
commentary next week.

## RDO Test Days

dmsimard showed up in `#openstack-tc` channel to [provide some
details](http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2018-01-24.log.html#t2018-01-24T16:32:11)
on forthcoming RDO Test Days.

## More on the Goals

[Conversations](http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2018-01-25.log.html#t2018-01-25T15:48:50)
[continue](http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2018-01-30.log.html#t2018-01-30T09:03:31)
about choosing OpenStack goals. One issue raised is whether we have
sufficient insight into how people are really using and deploying
OpenStack to be able to prioritize goals.

## Project Inception

smcginnis [pointed
out](http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2018-01-29.log.html#t2018-01-29T17:25:25)
a governance discussion in the CNCF about [project
inception](https://github.com/cncf/toc/issues/85) that he thought
might be of interest to the TC. Discussion ensued around how the
OpenStack ecosystem differs from the CNCF and as a result the need, or
lack thereof, for help to bootstrap projects is different.

## PTG Scheduling

The PTG is coming and with it
[discussion](http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2018-01-30.log.html#t2018-01-30T09:22:44)
of how best to make room for all the conversations that need to
happen, including things that come up at the last minute. New this
time will be a more formal structuring of
[post-lunch presentations](http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2018-01-30.log.html#t2018-01-30T09:38:17)
to do theme-setting and information sharing.

## Board Meeting at the PTG

Monday there was
[discussion](http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2018-01-29.log.html#t2018-01-29T16:06:18)
about the OpenStack Foundation [Board
Meeting](https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/26Feb2018BoardMeeting)
overlapping with the first day of the PTG. This follows [discussion in
email](http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/foundation/2018-January/002558.html).

## Today's Board Meeting

I attended [today's Board Meeting](https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/30Jan2018BoardMeeting)
but it seems that according to the [transparency
policy](http://www.openstack.org/legal/transparency-policy/) I can't
comment:

>  No commenting on Board meeting contents and decisions until
>  Executive Director publishes a meeting summary

That doesn't sound like transparency to me, but I assume there must be
reasons.

--
Chris Dent                      (⊙_⊙')         https://anticdent.org/