[openstack-dev] [nova][ceilometer] versioned notifications coverage

McLellan, Steven steve.mclellan at hpe.com
Tue Jan 30 17:39:08 UTC 2018

On 1/30/18, 11:17 AM, "Matt Riedemann" <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:

    On 1/30/2018 9:37 AM, Mathieu Gagné wrote:
    > So I just discovered this documentation. It's awesome! Great job to
    > all the ones involved!
    > Now I wish we had the same in all projects. =)

    Maybe it's worth putting something into the community goals etherpad:

    https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/community-goals

    At this point, I'd say it's probably premature to push across all
    projects since we don't have another service consuming nova's versioned
    notifications yet. Searchlight was working on it, but then I think that
    got stalled. Maybe after the Telemetry team starts looking at it to see
    how things work for them from a consumer / client standpoint.

    --

It did stall in searchlight (partly through lack of interest and partly because it was tracking a moving target), but it was/is very close and in general they work fine. We didn't get to the point of supporting lots of different versions, though, and I was a bit worried about branching hell if ever different versions introduced non-additive changes. Patch is https://review.openstack.org/#/c/453352/ if anyone's interested (it's a little complicated because it supports versioned and unversioned).

Steve