[openstack-dev] [kolla] Policy regarding template customisation

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Tue Jan 30 13:16:37 UTC 2018

Sometimes there are features that require different containers to be
deployed, or different config files to be generated. These are things that
cannot be done simply through merging a fixed set of config files.
nova_compute_virt_type
is an example of such a variable - various non-config tasks depend upon it. I
guess the question is, for the supported values of kolla-ansible's
variables, should a minimal working deployment also be supported? Does this
logic inevitably lead to (1), or is it sustainable?

Mark