[openstack-dev] [release][requirements][horizon] django-openstack-auth retirement

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Jan 29 16:36:24 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Akihiro Motoki's message of 2018-01-30 00:36:30 +0900:
> Hi the release team and the requirements team,
>
> I would like to have on django-openstack-auth (DOA) retirement.
> In the thread of the announce of DOA retirement last week, I was
> advised to release a transition package which provides no python
> module and make horizon depend on it so that the transition can be
> smooth.
> http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-January/thread.html#126428
>
> To achieve this, the horizon team needs:
> * to release django-openstack-auth 4.0.0 (the current version is 3.5.0
> so 4.0.0 makes sense) https://review.openstack.org/#/c/538709/
> * to add django-openstack-auth 4.0.0 to g-r and u-c (for queens)
> * to add django-openstack-auth 4.0.0 to horizon queens RC1

I think what Jeremy was proposing in the thread you linked to was
that the new version of django-openstack-auth should depend on
Horizon, so that any projects that depend on django-openstack-auth
but that do not depend on Horizon will still have the relevant
packages installed when they install django_openstack_auth.

We would not need to update the global requirements or constraints lists
to do that.

Doug