[openstack-dev] [keystone] FFE for application credentials

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Mon Jan 29 15:53:37 UTC 2018

> On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 10:15 PM, Lance Bragstad <lbragstad at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> The work for application credentials [0] has been up for a while,
>> reviewers are happy with it, and it is slowly making it's way through
>> the gate. I propose we consider a feature freeze exception given the
>> state of the gate and the frequency of rechecks/failures.
>>
>> Thoughts, comments, or concerns?
>>
>> [0]
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:openstack/keystone+branch:master+topic:bp/application-credentials

These changes were approved on Wednesday (Jan 24). They are still not
merged as of now (Monday, Jan 29, about 16:00 UTC) because of

* tempest failures related to issues with cinder
* the log server falling over
* tempest timing out
* merge conflicts with the system-scope patches that managed to land
* hosting provider maintenance that caused zuul to fall over and jobs
needing to be reenqueued and start over
* unit test jobs timing out (https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1746016)
* zuul running out of memory and jobs needing to be reenqueued and start over

As of now, the base patch in this change series is about 21st in the
integrated gate queue. With any luck, there is a chance it might be
merged some time tomorrow.

I'd like to request that we keep the feature freeze exception open for
these changes.

Colleen