[openstack-dev] [nova] Native QEMU LUKS decryption review overview ahead of FF

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Wed Jan 24 08:58:26 UTC 2018

On 23-01-18 16:52:30, Corey Bryant wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 8:44 AM, Lee Yarwood <lyarwood at redhat.com> wrote:
>> grenade-dsvm-neutron-multinode-live-migration is currently failing due
>> to our use of the Ocata UCA on stable/pike leading to the following
>> issue with the libvirt 2.5.0 build it provides:
>>
>> libvirt 2.5.0-3ubuntu5.6~cloud0 appears to be compiled without gnutls
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/1744758
>>
> Hey Lee,
>
> We have a new version of libvirt in ocata-proposed now that should fix your
> issue and is ready for testing. Thanks for your work on this and for
> opening the bug.

Thanks Corey, as reported in the bug this WORKSFORME. Thanks for the
quick turn around with this, it's really appreciated!

>> I've cherry-picked the following devstack change back to stable/pike and
>> pulled it into the test change above for Nova, hopefully working around
>> these failures:
>>
>> Update to using pike cloud-archive
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/536798/

FWIW I still think we should enable the Pike UCA for our stable/pike
jobs. As noted in the stable review, testing the Ocata UCA with
stable/pike strikes me as pointless as no one will ever use that
combination of UCA and stable/pike bits in a real world deployment.

Cheers,

Lee
--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76