[openstack-dev] [zuul] Cannot view log outputs in browser

David Moreau Simard dmsimard at redhat.com
Tue Jan 23 14:56:38 UTC 2018

That's odd.

What should happen is that while the file is zipped as .txt.gz, Apache
decompresses the file on-the-fly and serves it to you as plain text [1].

This should work even with something as basic as curl. There's no
javascript or fancy things involved
​:

$ curl -s
http://logs.openstack.org/23/536623/1/check/build-openstack-sphinx-docs/3bbaf99/job-output.txt.gz
|wc -l
1569​

To my knowledge, this hasn't changed even throughout the gradual rollout of
Zuul v3.

There is likely a redirect happening behind the scenes in order to use the
os-loganalyze middleware which is what makes the timestamps clickable, add
colors and things like that [2].

Would you perhaps have an extension or plugin that would block something
like that ?

[1]: http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/puppet-
openstackci/tree/templates/logs.vhost.erb#n21
[2]: http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/puppet-
openstackci/tree/templates/logs.vhost.erb#n107

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]