[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Clarifying testing recommendation for interop programs

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Jan 23 04:16:22 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-22 15:04:31 +0000 (+0000), Graham Hayes wrote:
> On 19/01/18 16:27, Andrea Frittoli wrote:
[...]
> > it is possible to mark tests so that team may require a +1 from
> > interop/qa when specific tests are modified.
>
> Is there? AFAIK gerrit does not do per file path permissions, so
> unless we have a job that just checks the votes on a patch, and
> passes or fails if a test changes (which would be awful for the
> teams) we cannot do that.
[...]

I read that as implying that it's possible _culturally_ to add code
comments or similar to remind reviewers that they need to seek
additional feedback under certain conditions. Just because a rule
can't be blindly enforced with some technological solution like CI
jobs or review system ACLs doesn't mean it's impossible. It does
however almost certainly mean more work for (and an inevitable
increase in mistakes made by) already overburdened reviewers.
--
Jeremy Stanley