[openstack-dev] [horizon][packaging] django-openstack-auth retirement

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jan 22 11:30:12 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-22 14:40:49 +0900 (+0900), Akihiro Motoki wrote:
[...]
> If you install horizon and django-openstack-auth by using pip (instead
> of distribution packages), please uninstall django-openstack-auth
> python package before upgrading horizon.
> Otherwise, "openstack_auth" module is maintained by both horizon and
> django-openstack-auth after upgrading horizon and it confuses the pip
> file management, while horizon works.
[...]

If we were already publishing Horizon to PyPI, we could have a new
(and final) major version of DOA as a transitional package to stop
providing any module itself and depend on the new version of Horizon
which provides that module instead. I suppose without Horizon on
PyPI, documentation of the issue is the most we can do for this
situation.
--
Jeremy Stanley