[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Ocata to Pike upgrade job is working as of today.

Wesley Hayutin whayutin at redhat.com
Thu Jan 18 04:41:59 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 10:52 AM, Sofer Athlan-Guyot <sathlang at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Nice work Sofer!
> > I have a few questions, see inline.
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 4:46 AM, Sofer Athlan-Guyot <sathlang at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> So join us (upgrade squad) to celebrate the working ocata->pike upgrade
> >> job[1], without any depends-on whatsoever.
> >
> > w00t, really good work!
> >
> >> We would like it to be voting as soon as possible. It has been a
> >> rather consuming task to revive that forgotten but important jobs, and
> >> the only way for it to not drift into oblivion again is to have it
> >> voting.
> >
> > The last time I asked how we could make RDO jobs voting, it was
> > something in Software Factory to enable, but I'm not sure about the
> > details.
> > I'm ok to make them voting, as long as:
> >
> > - they don't timeout or reach the timeout limit (which isn't the case
> > now, 2h27 is really good)
> > - they proved to be stable during some time
> > - they're part of the promotion pipeline so gate can't break easily
> >
> > BTW the process is documented here:
> > https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-specs/blob/master/
> specs/policy/adding-ci-jobs.rst
>
> Oki reading that, thanks for the pointer.
>
> >> Eventually, let’s thanks rdo-cloud people for their support (especially
> >> David Manchado), James Slagle for Traas[2] and Alfredo Moralejo for his
> >> constant availability to answer our questions.
> >
> > ++
> >

> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/532791/, look for
> «gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-containers-multinode-upgrades-pike»
> >> [2] https://github.com/slagle/traas … the repo we use ->
> https://github.com/sathlan/traas (so many pull requests to make that it
> would be cool for it to be an openstack project … :))
> >
> > Please rebase https://github.com/slagle/traas/pull/9 and address
> > James's comments, so we can avoid using a fork.
>
> So yeah, the situation with traas is not so good as we have a 70 patches
> difference with the main repo.  The pull/9 may be abandoned (jfrancoa
> will see if it’s still required) in favor of the what’s in
> https://github.com/sathlan/traas .  We’re going to work toward pulling
> in slage/traas the main patches to avoid a fork.

Sofer, it's probably worth everyone's time to consider reviewing and testing
the script provided in the logs with the successful upgrade itself to debug
and recreate upgrade jobs.

https://logs.rdoproject.org/91/532791/6/openstack-check/gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-containers-multinode-upgrades-pike/Z0ac437d8cf634d4a8e1eca18b6dd0061/reproducer-quickstart.sh

Thanks