[openstack-dev] [tc][masakari][api] masakari service-type, docs, api-ref and releasenotes

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Jan 17 19:23:58 UTC 2018

Hey everybody,

I noticed today while preparing patches to projects that are using
openstacksdk that masakari is not listed in service-types-authority. [0]

I pushed up a patch to fix that [1] as well as to add api-ref, docs and
releasenotes jobs to the masakari repo so that each of those will be
published appropriately.

As part of doing this, it came up that 'ha' is a pretty broad
service-type and that perhaps it should be 'compute-ha' or 'instance-ha'.

The service-type is a unique key for identifying a service in the
catalog, so the same service-type cannot be shared amongst openstack
services. It is also used for api-ref publication (to
https://developer.openstack.org/api-ref/{service-type} ) - and in
openstacksdk as the name used for the service attribute on the
Connection object. (So the service-type 'ha' would result in having
conn.ha on an openstack.connection.Connection)

We do support specifying historical aliases. Since masakari has been
using ha up until now, we'll need to list is in the aliases at the very
least.

Do we want to change it? What should we change it to?

Thanks!
Monty

[0] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/service-types-authority
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/534875/