[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Ocata to Pike upgrade job is working as of today.

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Wed Jan 17 13:39:13 UTC 2018

Nice work Sofer!
I have a few questions, see inline.

On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 4:46 AM, Sofer Athlan-Guyot <sathlang at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So join us (upgrade squad) to celebrate the working ocata->pike upgrade
> job[1], without any depends-on whatsoever.

w00t, really good work!

> We would like it to be voting as soon as possible. It has been a
> rather consuming task to revive that forgotten but important jobs, and
> the only way for it to not drift into oblivion again is to have it
> voting.

The last time I asked how we could make RDO jobs voting, it was
something in Software Factory to enable, but I'm not sure about the
details.
I'm ok to make them voting, as long as:

- they don't timeout or reach the timeout limit (which isn't the case
now, 2h27 is really good)
- they proved to be stable during some time
- they're part of the promotion pipeline so gate can't break easily

BTW the process is documented here:
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-specs/blob/master/specs/policy/adding-ci-jobs.rst

> Eventually, let’s thanks rdo-cloud people for their support (especially
> David Manchado), James Slagle for Traas[2] and Alfredo Moralejo for his
> constant availability to answer our questions.

++

> Thanks,
>
> [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/532791/, look for «gate-tripleo-ci-centos-7-containers-multinode-upgrades-pike»
> [2] https://github.com/slagle/traas … the repo we use -> https://github.com/sathlan/traas (so many pull requests to make that it would be cool for it to be an openstack project … :))

Please rebase https://github.com/slagle/traas/pull/9 and address
James's comments, so we can avoid using a fork.
Also, any plan to run tempest instead of pingtest?

Emilien Macchi