[openstack-dev] [tripleo] storyboard evaluation

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Jan 16 14:55:03 UTC 2018

Hey folks,

Alex and I spent a bit of time to look at Storyboard, as it seems that
some OpenStack projects are migrating from Launchpad to Storyboard.
I created a dev instance of storyboard and imported all bugs from
TripleO so we could have a look at how it would be if we were using
the tool:

http://storyboard.macchi.pro:9000/

So far, I liked:

- the import went just... fine. Really good work! Title, status,
descriptions, tags, comments were successfully imported.
- the simplicity of bug status which is more clear than Launchpad:
Active, Merged, Invalid.
- the UI is really good and it works fine on mobile.
- if we manage to make the migration good, each TripleO squad would
have their own backlogs and owns boards / worklists / ways to manage
todos.

What we need to investigate:
- how do we deal milestones in stories and also how can we have a
dashboard with an overview per milestone (useful for PTL + TripleO
release managers).
- how to update old Launchpad bugs with the new link in storyboard
(probably by hacking the migration script during the import).
- how do we want the import to be like:
  * all bugs into a single project?
  * closing launchpad/tripleo/bugs access? if so we loose web search
on popular bugs
- (more a todo) update the elastic-recheck bugs
- investigate our TripleO Alerts (probably will have to use Storyboard
API instead of Launchpad).

Anyway, in a short conclusion I think the project is great but until
we figure our what we need to investigate we can't migrate easily.
If you would like to be involved on that topic, please let us know,
any help is welcome.

Emilien Macchi