[openstack-dev] [all][tc] Clarifying testing recommendation for interop programs

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Jan 15 19:59:04 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Erno Kuvaja's message of 2018-01-15 12:59:44 +0000:

> I think the worst case scenario is that we scrape together what ever
> we can just to have something to say that we test it and not have
> consistency nor clear responsibility of who, what and how.
> (Unfortunately I think this is the current situation and I'm super
> happy to hear that this is being discussed and the decision is not
> made lightly.)

That seems very far from the current situation to me.

We have a large integration test suite written primarily by
contributors to the projects it tests. A subset of that is used for
the trademark tests. That same subset is in 1 repo, managed by the
QA team, who apply the extra review criteria needed for the trademark
program to be stable.

The fact that so many people seem uninformed about how all of this
works is exactly why I think it's a mistake to spread the tests out
and have a bunch of different teams applying different review
criteria to them.

Doug