[openstack-dev] [kuryr][os-vif][nova] os-vif 1.8.0 breaks kuryr-kubernetes

Mooney, Sean K sean.k.mooney at intel.com
Mon Jan 15 17:21:02 UTC 2018

[Mooney, Sean K] I belive obj_make_compatible methods were in the original
Patch but they were removed as we did not know of any user of this field.
The IPs field in the subnet object Was a legacy hold over from when the
object was ported from nova-networks.
it is never used by nova when calling os-vif today hence the
change to align the data structure more closely with neutrons
where the fixed ips are an attribute of the port.
The change was made to to ensure no future users of os-vif consumed
the fixed ips from the subnet object but I guess kuryr-kubernetes had already done so.

Ideally we would migrate kuryr-kubernetes to consume fixed_ips form The vif object instead of the subnet
but if we can introduce a patch to os-vif to provide backwards compatibly
before the non-client lib freeze on thrusday we can include that in queens.

> It would also be nice to setup a kuryr-kubernetes gate on the os-vif
> repo. If there are no objections to that I'd volunteer to submit a
> commit that adds it.
[Mooney, Sean K] I would be happy to see gate form all consumer of os-vif so go for it.
Related to this https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509107/4 is currently abandoned but I would
Also like revivew this change in Rocky. Neutron has supported multiple dhcp servers for
some time, Nova-networks only supported one hench why the dhcp_server field is currently singular.
Will this effect kuryr-kubernetes?
Are ye currently working around this issue in some other way?