[openstack-dev] [storyboard] need help figuring out how to use auth with storyboard client

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jan 12 21:30:26 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-12 15:57:44 -0500 (-0500), Doug Hellmann wrote:
> The storyboard client docs mention an "access token" [1] as something
> a client needs in order to create stories and make other sorts of
> changes.  They don't explain what that token is or how to get one,
> though.
>
> Where do I get a token? How long does the token work? Can I safely
> put a token in a configuration file, or do I need to get a new one
> each time I want to do something with the client?

https://docs.openstack.org/infra/storyboard/webapi/v1.html#api
suggests that logging in and going to
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/profile/tokens will allow you to
issue one (with up to a 10-year expiration based on my modest
experimentation). I believe this to be the same solution we're using
to grant teh storyboard-its Gerrit plugin to update tasks/stories
from review.openstack.org.
--
Jeremy Stanley