[openstack-dev] Vancouver Summit CFP is open - what’s new

Lauren Sell lauren at openstack.org
Fri Jan 12 20:59:04 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

Today, we opened the Call for Presentations <https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/call-for-presentations/> for the Vancouver Summit <https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/>, which will take place May 21-24. The deadline to submit your proposal is February 8th.

What’s New?
We’re focused on open infrastructure integration. The Summit has evolved over the years to cover more than just OpenStack, but we’re making an even bigger effort to attract speakers across the open infrastructure ecosystem. In addition to OpenStack-related sessions, we’ll be featuring the newest project at the Foundation -- Kata Containers -- as well as recruiting many others from projects like Ansible, Ceph, Kubernetes, ONAP and many more.

We’ve also organized Tracks around specific problem domains. We encourage you to submit proposals covering OpenStack and the “open infrastructure” tools you’re using, as well as the integration work needed to address these problem domains. We also encourage you to invite peers from other open source communities to come speak and collaborate.

The Tracks are:

CI/CD
Container Infrastructure
Edge Computing
HPC / GPU / AI
Open Source Community
Private & Hybrid Cloud
Public Cloud
Telecom & NFV

Where previously we had Track Chairs, we now have Programming Committees <https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/call-for-presentations/selection-process> for each Track, made up of both Members and a Chair (or co-chairs). We’re also recruiting members and chairs from many different open source communities working in open infrastructure, in addition to the many familiar faces in the OpenStack community who will lead the effort. If you’re interested in nominating yourself or someone else to be a member of the Summit Programming Committee for a specific Track, please fill out the nomination form <https://openstackfoundation.formstack.com/forms/openstackvancouver2018_programmingcommitteenom>. Nominations will close on January 26, 2018.

Again, the deadline to submit proposals <https://www.openstack.org/summit/vancouver-2018/call-for-presentations/> is February 8, 2018. Please note topic submissions for the OpenStack Forum (planning/working sessions with OpenStack devs and operators) will open at a later date.

We can’t wait to see you in Vancouver! We’re working hard to make it the best Summit yet, and look forward to bringing together different open infrastructure communities to solve these hard problems together!

Thank you,
Lauren