[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Retiring ceilometerclient

gordon chung gord at live.ca
Fri Jan 12 05:32:19 UTC 2018

hey Dan,

On 2018-01-11 06:05 PM, Daniel Dyer wrote:
> My understanding was that the API is not officially deprecated until queens. Is this not the case?

not quite. we removed the API permanently in queens. it was actually
deprecated back in 2016[1] officially. we've unofficially/transparently
been telling people to switch to Gnocchi (or whatever target you want to
put into publisher) for longer than that as the legacy api/storage
hasn't been touched meaningfully since 2015.

given the realities of the project and OpenStack, our project was just
more proactive in culling stale and/or unusable code.

as it stands, ceilometer solely generates/normalises data about
openstack resources and publishes data to consumers. other services are
required to leverage and add value to the data.

[1]
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-October/105042.html

cheers,

--